[REVIEW] IOPE Air Cushion XP - Cover Vanilla C21

September 15, 2016

Cushion foundation play an important role in my makeup regime, after having my first cushion , Innisfree long wear cushion , i had my hands on my second cushion by IOPE , at that time i'm having a hard time debating to get Laneige BB cushion or Iope Cover cushion but because i thought the cover series by iope would be better so i decided to try on this.

IOPE have 2 other kind of cushion other than "Cover" series , they are "Natural" and "Sheer" , I need cushion with coverage to conceal my blemishes thus I choose cover cushion.

Packaging : 



The box came in glossy navy blue and a silver reflective top :) which is very classy and simple. I bought mine in Cover Vanilla - shade C21.


This product contain 15g.
SPF 50+ / PA+++.


It came with a manual too! 


Like most cushion , the product's packaging come with a built-in mirror, a cushion puff , a plastic lid that separate between the puff & cushion , and the cushion soaked with foundation underneath.


The air-tight plastic lid keeps the cushion hygienic, preventing it from drying out. I've been using my IOPE air cushion xp for 1 year, the product is tightly secured by the plastic lid and it doesnt dries out easily , compare to my innisfree cushion which dry up easier. (iope cushion without flipping the side of the cushion yet)

A closer look of the cushion. 

The cushion inside is flat thus when you press your puff against it to get the product , the puff may dirty the side of the lid with foundation. I have some cushion foundation with a dome shape looking cushion which made me realise the protruding top of those cushion can avoid such cases of getting the lid dirty whenever you pick up the product from the cushion. 


I don't like my stuff looking messy and dirty so i usually wipe around the lid to keep my cushion clean :)



Applicator : 


Sponge puff are inseparable with any cushion foundation, these puff allows you to pat the foundation onto your skin evenly. it serve the same purpose as the other cushion foundation :) You may consider washing your puff with a brush and puff cleanser, but i suggest don't , i had mine washed once and the puff tears, i definitely wash it gently, it tears while i'm washing and i did not squeeze the puff when washing. 

Looking pathetically disgusting but still usable until i get my next puff refill :') 

Scents & Formula :
This foundation have a nice and light perfume scent with it, which doesnt linger onto your face for a long time. 
It contain 30% mineral water that's great in providing hydration to skin making your skin more radiance :) 

Coverage / Texture

This cushion have a sheer and dewy finish, it brighten your skin but not to much extend. It's lightweight, it doesnt cake up your skin or accentuate patchy area on dry part of your skin. However, i don't like it when the finish of the texture felt sticky. It doesnt have great coverage as well, only light to medium coverage.


The above picture is a coverage test i did using my black eye liner , i tried to build up the foundation using about 3 layers. It doesnt felt cakey , but the coverage wasn't great considering the constant effort of building it up. 

Verdict : 
Overall, i felt that this cushion may not be great for people with oily skin who live in a humid weather. I have oily skin and i live in Singapore. The dewy finish makes my face look oilier especially on days when i have break out. 
The sticky feeling is making me feeling uncomfortable. 
As time passes by when my face tends to produce oil and when it mix with the foundation, i have to blot my face regularly , so i need my innisfree no sebum power to set the foundation in place.
 Furthermore, it bring down my expectation when this is said to be a Cover cushion , i'm wondering is it because it's shade C21 the problem , maybe shade 13 would do a better job in term of brightening my face and covering blemishes. I've a C13 refill , so i'm hoping that it does a better job compared to C21 and i will update everyone again when I've tried that.
As it brighten my face, it doesnt stay there for long , the effect of it brighten probably last about 1-2hrs after application, i think it oxidise depending on the weather too. 

Well, i believe this will be a good cushion foundation for people staying in cooler country or at least not having oily skin like me :( Other than the coverage that disappoint me , it moisturize my skin well when I'm travelling in Korea last year. 
I like the packaging though its bulky but the pearly/glittery casing make everything better. It smell great especially not too overwhelming which make me like it even more.
I don't really hate this cushion but i will use it more on days where i know i going to stay in aircon place the entire day and when i don't have ugly break out and those scars they left behind. I don't remember the price of this cushion but i know it's not really cheap. 


Thank you for reading , tell me about your personal experience with your IOPE cushion! :)








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Drop your Question. :)